Read our latest advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Our services are open and safe to attend – we are here to help

Return to practice and overseas nursing

Return to practice nurses

We currently offer placements to return to practice (RtP) nurses who have university places at Kingston and Greenwich universities.
The RtP students must first contact the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) who will give them a statement that will outline what is required for them to complete to re-join the NMC register. The next stage is contacting the university to make an application.

Health Education South London are currently running the ‘Come back to nursing’ campaign to encourage nurses who have previously been registered with the NMC to regain their PINs (NMC issue nurses and midwives with a unique identifying number).  This campaign provides funding for the students’ courses, placements and a bursary for the student while they are completing the placement. This funding is organised through the universities.

The university information can be found at the links below:

Overseas nurses

Nurses who have trained within Europe
This website allows you to choose the country you trained in and check the process for you to register in the UK.

Nurses who have trained outside Europe

Again this website provides the information from the NMC regarding how to register in the UK.

If you have any questions please contact the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).