Main reception for outpatients tel: 020 3049 5500
Pulross Ward tel: 020 3049 5520
The unit has 14 intermediate care beds and six level 2B neuro-rehabilitation beds.
The intermediate care beds are nurse-led, offering care for adults with rehabilitation and/or nursing needs (for example to regain mobility after a fracture or an operation or to prevent admission to hospital from home following a fall). Care is supported by therapists, GPs and consultants in elderly care.
The level 2B neuro-rehabilitation beds are part of the south east London neuro rehabilitation service. They are consultant-led and offer specialist intensive rehabilitation for 6-12 weeks for people with a new onset or episode of a neurological injury or condition, that meets the referral criteria.
How to refer to our intermediate care beds
Please email completed referral form to gst-tr.PulrossICreferrals@nhs.net.
To check if the referral has been received, please contact the customer services team on 07795 857469 or 020 3049 5520.
To discuss a referral, please call 020 3049 5520.
Referral criteria for our intermediate care beds
- be 18 years and over
- need short-term care with a higher level of dependency than can be supported in a home environment.
Patients can be admitted from hospital or community following assessment by their GP or the community nursing team.
Patients could be admitted to regain mobility after a fracture or an operation.
How to refer to our level 2B neuro-rehabilitation beds
Referrals for this service should be via Badgernet if the referrer has access, otherwise a completed referral form should be emailed to email@example.com.
To check if the referral has been received please, email the same address or phone 01689 866284/5.
Once the referral has been received, a member or the south east London neuro rehabilitation service (either a consultant, senior therapist or neuro navigator) will contact you to arrange a face-to-face assessment of your patient. A decision will then be made as to whether the patient will be accepted and they will be added to the waiting list.
Referral criteria for our level 2B neuro-rehabilitation beds
- be 16 years and over
- have a new or new episode of neurological injury or illness, who require specialist intensive multi-disciplinary neuro-rehabilitation in an inpatient setting
- have rehabilitation goals to work towards
- be able to participate in a minimum of three 45 minute therapy sessions daily
- be registered with a GP in the boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham, Bexley, Bromley or Greenwich.
For full details of the service criteria, please contact us via email or telephone.
- have a tracheostomy
- require administration of IV medication
- require nasogastric feeding
- are medically unwell or have an unstable medical condition
- are homeless.
- Dr Lenyalo King – consultant in neuro rehabilitation (level 2B neuro rehab beds)
- Dr Nigel Beckett – consultant geriatrician
- Dr Peter Diem – consultant geriatrician