Coronavirus: stroke services update
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, please read our advice and information before attending the service.
Stroke and neurovascular clinic
This clinic is held weekly on Monday afternoons and Thursday mornings and is for:
- assessing and treating patients with a stroke or suspected TIAs (transient ischaemic attacks or mini-strokes)
- rapid assessment and treatment for low-risk TIA patients, with all necessary investigations performed on the day of the clinic
- urgent referrals for carotid surgery if indicated
- stroke follow-up appointments for further investigations or a review of the long-term impact of a stroke.
Changing or cancelling your appointment
- new patients - please contact the team secretary on 020 7188 2515. The stroke team will then ensure that you are seen as soon as medically needed.
- follow-up appointments - make or change an appointment online or call 020 7188 2515.
Please tell us as soon as possible so that we can give your appointment to another patient.
After your appointment
If you need further investigations after your clinic appointment, these are often carried out on the same day. This might mean you need to stay in the hospital beyond your appointment time. We will explain this to you during your appointment.
We will arrange any follow-up appointments with you before you leave the clinic and we will send you and your GP a copy of your assessment by post.