Pre-operative assessment clinics
Surgical admissions lounge
We provide a full range of planned and emergency surgery at Guy's and St Thomas' hospitals, 7 days a week.
In this section you can find information about:
Main operating theatres
If you are having surgery, it could be done in 1 day or you may need to stay in hospital overnight. You will be admitted through the surgical admissions lounge or day surgery unit.
You may need an anaesthetic during your operation.
If you are staying in hospital overnight, please read our information about:
To prepare for leaving hospital after surgery, you should consider:
- how you will get to and from the hospital
- arranging for someone to collect you from hospital and stay with you for 24 hours after discharge
- what food, supplies and shopping you have
- what childcare you may need to arrange
- what important decisions and activities you need to do in the days after surgery